Saturday, February 16, 2019

WIXOSS: Booster Pack Opening - WXEX-01 Unlimited Selector

It's finally the release of Unlimited Selector!
It's... one box? How do I explain it...

So this is like an expansion pack, a special pack that works differently than a normal booster pack.
So each box has 5 packs, each pack has 4 cards + a coin sleeve that you can use to fill one side of a coin (assuming you use sleeves with the coin). On top of that, each box has one random Valentine Lrig card.
Each box contains 2 LR, 3 SR. Every other card are Parallel/Shiny.
As you can tell from the small amount of packs and large amount of LR/SRs you get, there are a lot of LR/SRs in this pack and considerably few non-LR/SRs.

Finally, the Carton (100$) for this expansion pack contains 4 boxes + Bonus Card + a Mini-Playmat, as shown below.
As you know, I usually order two boxes, which goes slightly above 100$. So for this expansion, I bought one Carton.

Now usually, a box is 20 packs for a bit over half the price of this expansion's Carton, plus each pack has more cards? However, in exchange, you get higher quality (Parallel, more SR, more LR) as well as a playmat, so I guess you can say it is worth the buy.
Especially since the illustrations used on the playmats are soooooooooo cute. The one I got was Midoriko, which is great, but the one I wanted the most is Umr. That one is beyond understanding-cuteness.

Anyways, before it gets any longer, I'll put a Read More and leave everything else in it.





Well, first are the Valentine-related content. I got a cute Midoriko as well as four of the many Valentine Lrigs available in card form. The illustrations on the cards are the same ones used for the playmat/mouse pad.
There are 28 possible Lrigs, so you have a 4/28 chance of getting the card of the Lrig you want and 1/28 chance of getting the playmat version. Yeah, you might want to be satisfied with what you get, since it will be very hard to hunt down another.

BTW, delicious black stockings/tights are delicious.
Here is a clearer image of Midoriko's.



However, as my first LRIG and just because the illustration is so godly amazingly cute and beautiful, I really would want the playmat version of Umr. This is the coin sleeve version, but you can see just how beautiful it is.




So on to the actual cards.

First, the LRs
You get two LRs per box, so that makes 8 LRs per carton.
However, there are 28 in total, so that still hardly is many.
No Parallel versions, but at least I did not get any duplicates.



Then for SRs...
You get three per pack, which means 12 per carton.
However, I got lucky and got one of those special packs where all of the cards are SR. (So instead of 1 SR and 3 else, it was 4 SRs)
So I actually ended up getting 15 SRs in total. There are 24 SRs in total, BTW.
I got no duplicates, which I am not sure if it is because of luck or if a carton is set-up to do it. I'm very happy about this.



Here is a screenshot of the non-LR/SRs, BTW. As you can kinda see, all of them are Parallel/Shiny.



As the first custom deck I ever made used the Flathro archetype, 
I am quite happy they finally got a new card.



And finally, I wanted to go over some of my favorite illustrations. Since every card is shiny this time-around, I'm just going to choose from all cards instead of the Parallels I got, and only choose ones that the illustrator uploaded to Twitter and retweeted by the official WIXOSS account. (So I can actually show a bigger image of the illustration)
Also, I do not list which specific card I am talking about (since a Tweet may have multiple images), but you should be able to know what I am talking about, if I am talking about a specific one.


To be honest, a lot of the Valentine Lrigs are really cute, so I'm not going to be redundant and just list each one separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment