Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Xenoblade DE: Stories Completed + Short Final Thoughts

Yeah, you might have been wondering where I disappeared to. That's because I was taking my sweet time to do EVERYTHING possible in the game.
I completed all of the quests in the DE-added story and then completed the story. After that, I started the main game and so far, I have beaten the main story, but I have not completed all of the quests, as I am still Level 90 and can't beat the quests involving higher-level enemies.

Overall, 20 hours for the Future story + 80 for the Main story, totally 100 hours. But of course, I'm still going to continue playing for a while to beat more of the game, such as the Lv100+ Uniques.





I'm actually gonna make this quick, since we've all played the original game. We all know it is bloody awesome. An improved version is just gonna be even that more awesome. So I don't need to go over all of that awesome-ness.
So instead, I'm just gonna go over a few stuff added in the DE version.

1. Navigator
This navigator really makes a lot of stuff easier. It is a pretty good Navi too.
But... I guess you could say it is "too good".

For instance, there are quests in this game that literally ask you to search for something, giving you a hint but not the exact enemy or person or location.
But oh no, the navigator will completely spoil the answer. Nothing hides from it.

2. Improved (character) graphics
Awesome. Especially the females in your party, who look much cuter.
On top of that, the new outfits added in the DE addition (for the females) are totally... you know, "Ah, you are a man of culture", like Melia's swimsuit and Fiora being able to go with practically no robot armor on her body.

3. Future story
I think it is a fairly good addition to the game. The Main story pretty much throws her out in the open, with no follow-up to the fact she's practically lost everything even after the final battle.
So this story having her go around and meeting her people and officially becoming the new ruler is pretty nice.
Of course, I'm not sure what the intent of the developers are to leave the mystery of the mist monsters in the open. From the silhouettes, they seem to be a reference to Xenoblade 2. But well this actually mean anything in the future, or is this just fanservice?

Unfortunately, this technically isn't a Melia route. Shulk does not actually get together with her.
Well, let's be honest, a Melia route is a crazy expectation, so the fact she got a whole bunch of scenes with Shulk for herself is a pretty good compromise, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment