Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - (Almost) All Achievements completed + Thoughts

Now that I have pretty much completed all of the achievements Sakurai set in-game, I just wanted to put down a few thoughts.
When I say almost, it is because I still haven't gotten a couple of achievements that requires playing online a certain amount of time. And yeah, those can be put aside for now.





The screenshots of the remaining achievement categories are below, after the thoughts, because I thought that would be a better format.

For first, I think that the single player mode is pretty fulfilling.
The Adventure Mode isn't a big story or narrative, but there is a story. And you understand what is going on with just the little imagery that is given to you.
Also, it is quite long. And also quite challenging, especially the bosses.
Also, I like how the bosses are so similar to their original game versions, though all are arranged to work in Smash Bros. Similarly, it is fun seeing how a whole bunch of game characters are represented using the current characters + additional conditions, like Pikmin being super-small and weak but plentiful, or Wily being a fight against many robots. Pretty creative.

For Classic, it is also fun seeing how each route is modeled differently for each fighter.
Heck, this is the first game I've found the Hands to be so hard. Man, they sure got a makeover.

However, I did feel that the Achievements are not that hard this time. I mean, Kid Icarus? Smash WiiU? Those were some hard ones to complete. But while Adventure Mode was challenging, it was much easier. And you could even lower the difficulty if you needed to and still complete the achievements.

On the other hand, the CPU really got a power-up this time. The New Challengers are especially strong. Times I would go in all cocky, and bam, I lose. I find the fact they pretty much 100% tech funny, because it almost makes it pointless to hit them if they are in front of a wall.
On top of that, they are clearly programmed to do certain combos. As you may notice, whenever they perfect-shield or tech, they will always reach and attack immediately after doing so. Even if you are under them and they perfect-shield, they will react and attack air.
Frankly, their reaction time itself hasn't been improved from the previous games. It is just that they pull off combos a lot more efficiently. Of course, as AIs, they make mistakes and sometimes over-super-react to their death.


However, my only big problem is the Online. Due to bad people cursing and taunting using words in the previous game, users can now only use select statements. This is an improvement.
However, the way you find random matches is a lot worse. The biggest problem is that you can't change characters without leaving a room. However, another big problem is that you can be sent into a battle format completely to your dislike. Yes, I wanted to do a free-for-all with items. NO, I DON"T WANT TO DO A FREE-FOR-ALL WITH TWO PEOPLE (Me and one opponent). That is extremely boring.
Also, the rank thing changes no matter what format, which kinda makes no sense.

At the least, free-for-alls need to be at least 3 people or more. All players must have chosen Free-For-All. If I chose Team, I need to at least have 3 or more players too. The only time 2 players should be allowed are people that selected 1 vs. 1.
At the least, this has to be certain for Online to be playable, I feel.
Oh, and thanks for practically only being able to fight people in the same country. Nice. *sarcasm*










No comments:

Post a Comment