Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Pokemon Crystal: Complete!

Phew, there goes one of the games I bought doing the ending of the 3DS EShop (though Pokemon Crystal wasn't discounted)

It definitely was refreshing to play an older game, but you can really feel the lack of flexibility in the movesets and all. No TM and Move-tutor-only Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and evolution stones are not generally available until after you beat the Elite Four, so my Magneton was stuck using Thundershock for so long.

Anyways, continued after the Read More



So mainly just focused on the story and didn't really catch much Pokemon, though I did catch Suicune as part of the story, and also Snorlax because it was a limited Pokemon.

20 hours, not bad. Didn't do too much training, as you can see I defeated Red barely at Level 50. Most enemies have lackluster AIs and movesets, so with the power of healing items, it was surprisingly doable. I did find funny that only specific enemies have these huge jumps in levels, but everything else is on the "natural" level you are at without too much grinding.

Also, BTW, the reason I fought Red at Level 50 was because Growlith learns Flamethrowing at 50, so I leveled him up to 50 and then used the Fire Stone since I needed him against Venasaur.


Pikachu is easily two-shot by Victreebel's Sludge Bomb (which is physical this gen)
Espeon (and generally any strong Psychic) requires my using Magneton's Thunder Wave and Flash to keep myself from receiving damage in the first place
Snorlax scared me with its Rest, but Feraligatr's Dynamic Punch confused him and he kept on hurting himself until I defeated him
Venasaur was just flat-out defeated by Arcanine
Charizard required me to spam healing items + Feraligatr's Surf
Blastoise was surprisingly scary, since he has Ice against Grass and no one could resist Water + Ice. I ended up having Pidgeot dodge Blizzard once, use Sand Attack to lower his accuracy, and keep on reducing his accuracy until Blizzard hit. Then I used Victreebel to put him to asleep and Giga Drained him.


No comments:

Post a Comment