Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yay~ New Laptop~!

A new laptop for personal use! To replace my really old one currently on life support.

The old one seems to actually still be usable, but it never comes out of sleep mode, so I have to do everything I want in one go and shut it down. If I put it in sleep mode, I have to forcibly shut it down. And then it becomes unusable for a while. When it becomes usable again, everything is messed up and the settings on the computer revert to its original state(?).
I have no idea what is going on there.

My new laptop is wider than it, so it barely fits in to the laptop case... Of course, it is newer and more hi-tech, so it runs faster. Also, because it is newer, it came with Windows 8. But you know...
Why the heck did they remove the start menu? And replace it with that touchscreen/touch pad/iPad whatever screen instead? So different and hard to use. And this is a laptop, so the touchscreen thing doesn't matter. In other words, I have a touchscreen format for a non-touchscreen machine?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, but you can use the HDD of your previous laptop as a external, and if you've got a little of craftiness, you could use other components too.
    Windows 8, eh? It seems the "good-bad principle" rules the universe: Windows XP (good), Windows Vista (bad), Windows 7 (good), Windows 8 (bad)...; you should have searched a laptop with Windows 7 although it wasn't too new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the laptop that wasn't too expensive and had good specs (large amount of storage space). Turned out to be Windows 8. Windows 8 has a bad interface, but I'm not too picky. As long as it is fast and usable.

    ReplyDelete