Saturday, October 27, 2018

WIXOSS: Booster Pack Opening - WXD-04 Wiles

It's that time of the year... month... period?
As always, 2 boxes.
Also, as you can sort of see, the box design is different this time. It is flatter and the booster packs are placed different (which you can't see in this image).






So as far as this pack goes, my main goal was to get the Secret War of Brains collaboration card.
Because as a fan of that game, of course I would want it. The Secret version has all of the navigators on it instead of just Isabella.
Also, I guess my secondary objective was getting Yuki, because I like her design.

Finally, before I start, I just wanted to say I do not agree with actually using 1/4th to 1/5th of the new pack on a collaboration. Giving a few cards is one thing, but making a new Lrig type and dedicating certain cards just for her is overdoing it, I personally feel.
At the least, if I had to choose cards not to get, it would be the ones for this collaboration.


So anyways, first up are the Secret and LR.
And what do you know, wow, I actually got the Secret version of the War of Brains collaboration card. I am quite happy about this.
And not only did I get the new Yuki card, but as you can see, it is actually the PARALLEL version. These are actually rarer than the Secret version and do not take the Secret slot. Heck, as you can see here, the LR Parallels are extremely expensive, around 8 times more. Wow.

On the other hand, the other LR and Secret are both pretty meh. I guess I at least like Eldora's design and card, but the other Secret happens to be yet another Secret version of a collaboration card.
Just that I don't care about that collaboration.

Also on the sides are the two bonus cards I got. These are "Halloween Lrigs", with one random in each box. Really cute.



Next are the SR
For better or for worse, I got a lot of variety this time too. Not a single doubling.
Of course, that means that some are good and worth a bit, and some that do not.

Let's just say that the Spell is very cheap. SR Spells are ALWAYS cheap, and I could only sigh that I got it...
Still, it wasn't too bad. And I did happen to get both of Yuki's SR.
...So the WIXOSS gods are telling me to make a Yuki deck?



Finally are the Parallel
I have to say I didn't do too good here.


I mean, man, just look! I got doubles of three cards, and three more of them were Servants.
Servants are great and all and these types are really in need, but these artworks are reused and old ones, so getting shiny, bigger artworks of them is not really valuable to me.



That said, there are still a few I got that the illustration was particularly pleasing to me.
And while I do not like the collaboration using so many cards, I do admit some of the illustrations are quite cool.
...Though I have a suspicion at least some of them are reused from somewhere else...

From Top to Bottom, Left to Right

  1. Like the artstyle
  2. Yes, I like demon girls
  3. Cute
  4. Cute!
  5. Cute!!
  6. Cute!!!

I couldn't find the full images of #4 and #6, so you'll just have to open the image and zoom in. Or maybe it is somewhere on Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment